Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Basement Laundry Room Makeover

I have an ulterior motive for posting this basement laundry room makeover. I'm very interested in trying this product. It's Rust-Oleum’s durable water-base EpoxyShield basement floor coating. It has confetti like chips in it. They also make a formula that resists oil stains for garage floors. That's the one I'm interested in trying. Click on photos for a close up view.



Curtain Call: Cover up basement walls (and suggest the feeling of an above-ground room) with wall curtains stitched from outdoor fabric, in this case a dotted swiss Kravet fabric. Made of acrylic, it’s mildew- and wrinkle-resistant. A skirt sewn from ticking-stripe outdoor fabric (and suspended by wire and eye hooks) lends a farmhouse touch.
Multitasking Table: Using pine boards and 36-inch-tall kitchen-island legs from www.tablelegs.com, I built a long landing spot for clothes that need folding. It’s high enough that the petite front-load washer and dryer tuck right under.
Sink Station: Topped with stainless steel and equipped with a built-in sink and faucet, the sleek Udden console from IKEA balances out the room’s sweet look.


Check out the entire article and all the "before and after" photos at Country Home.

1 comment:

pam said...

I love that paint! I wish I had a basement floor to use it on.