Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Healthy and Tasty Salmon

Savoring Simplicity has moved to WordPress. Please, join us there. It's simple. Just cut and paste the following url to your browser or click here.
http://savoringsimplicity.wordpress.com/

Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner

I'm a Southern girl with all the cultural baggage which that implies. If you look close enough in a Southern kitchen, you will surely find a container of bacon fat hidden away somewhere.
We love fried foods and rich desserts, and while some of our traditions still hold strong, many Southerners are opting for healthier foods.

With Thanksgiving under our belts and Christmas on the way, rich foods abound. I am who I am, so I won't even pretend to deny my love for the cuisine of my heritage, but lately I've had my fill of rich foods.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm actually longing for something simple, healthy, and light. A rich source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is on every "top ten healthy foods" list. I found this recipe for salmon with a delightful sounding lemon-mint dressing at Coastal Living.

Salmon with Lemon-mint Dressing

No comments: